Google’s non-employee communities
Google’s non-employee communities is a global network of experienced product strategists, designers, developers and marketing professionals, actively supporting developers, startups and companies changing the world through web and mobile applications. They travel around the globe for conferences and events & require quick setup and easy expense process.
Google’s non-employee communities continue to book their travels via Hotailors.
- Thanks to travel policies set in the tool, 34% more travelers attended than previous year.
- Travel costs decreased by 53%, way below budget – as opposed to previous editions of the event.
- Organize cost effective business trips for travellers, who have not used self booking tools so far.
- Automate process & clearly define team responsibilities.
- Shorten approval cycles & booking processes.
- Reduce trip costs & gain better control over budgets.
- Defined travel policy with budget limits & approval processes.
Implemented travel policy inside Hotailors tool.
- Created a dedicated portal to easily request & manage trips.
- Provided 24/7 support for travelers.
- Ran small pilot before wider rollout.
- Adjusted tool according to company’s needs & feedback.
Achievements & learnings
- Reduced time to manage travel by 90%.
- Saved 30% on travel costs.
- Gained ability to perform deep analysis of travel expenses, enabling future optimizations.
- Automated travel policy for control over spend with flexible and simpler approval processes.
- Cashless trips.
- Unnecessary emails cut down to zero.
- The no. of trips increased by 410% season to season.